Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Journal collecting

My most recent journals.
with the signatures held in mostly with Sari ribbons and fibers.
 
This is a cookbook that my neighbor, Vollie, had in a
'free' box when they were getting ready to rent out their house.
It was her mom's cook book, and I loved the cover and the size.
It was my summer journal.
 
This is a journal that I made from a book I found at Value Village.  It's from 1970.
It's amazing how in 40 years, the garden design elements haven't changed.
Either that or the trend has gone back to the basics?
It's a beautiful book with a great textured fabric cover. 
Bigger than any of my other journals.
 
 This picture is a little blurry, but it's my title page.
 'in the same way her arms reached for the sky -- she hoped to be
OPEN
to whatever comes'
(photo at a churchside labyrinth on Orcas Island, Aug. 2012)
 
 
This was a journal I started in Leisel Lund's 'gypsy journal' class.
 
 
Another great Value Village find.  An old book, fabric cover.


My most recent journal. 
Started for some more writing. 
Heavy on the color.
Filling it with happiness.
And authentic wholehearted me.
I painted the canvas, and then covered an old covers
to a book about cardiology with it.

a stack of goodness.
 
 
I think I should periodically do this photo project of imaging what I've been up to.
Shows the trends of what I'm in to.
Helps to time stamp it too.
 
I'll try to photo some individual pages soon.
 
 
 
 
'if you have a garden
and a library
you have everyhting
you need'
---cicero
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment