Sunday, August 25, 2013

For my bestie

A moleskin journal cover
for Kristin
Front cover


Back cover


I love you friend!

It's an interesting process to make something
like this for someone else.  
Someone so dear to me.  
Someone who isn't as bling loving as me.
I struggled at first.  
What to add, what colors to use.
Obsessing.  Too much.

If i am making something for me,
I just make what I like.  
What makes me happy.  
Lots of color, lots of bling.

Finally I was able to just let go and make what comes from my heart.

Knowing its a part of me that she loves.  
Knowing that when its in her bag or in her hands,
she will be reminded how special she is to me
and how much I love color and art
and making lovies with my hands.

And like our friendship,
it will get better with time.  
 
 
 

 
xx

1 comment: